Thursday

Spring Time Paper Containers

Hello again! I felt inspired this morning by our warm *spring* weather here in Phoenix to create some colorful projects today. Well, it turned out to be 90 degrees... yep, in March!!! I resisted turning on the air conditioner because it was breezy, and needless to say, all the windows and doors were open to take advantage of it. Tomorrow will be slightly warmer, but next week should be back in the upper 70's - low 80's (whew! and just where I like it!).

Well, I'm rambling, so let's get on to the projects. As you can see, I made an assortment of paper containers today. Two are from templates, and one from the Sizzix Bigz XL Scallop Box die. I took individual pictures of each container below to show you alittle more details. Wouldn't these be cute with candy, or little gifts, for the kids on Easter morning?

Carrot Box

This was made using one of SCS's carrot box templates. The stamped images come from the new Spring-Summer Occasions Mini set called Forest Friends and will be available for purchase after April 1st. The sentiment comes from Wagon Full of Fun. My customers should be receiving their complimentary Mini catalog this week, so if you don't have it by Friday, please let me know! I see lots of possibilities with this uber-cute stamp set. I chose to use the sweet bunny to decorate the front of the carrot box. The Tangerine Tango box itself was randomly stamped with the small swirl stamp in Tangerine Tango ink from the Priceless stamp set. The carrot top was die-cut using Kiwi Kiss cardstock, the Big Shot and Daisies # 2 die. I cut 3 of the large daisies, and glued the centers down to a 3/4 inch circle punchout. Then I layered and glued 1 medium daisy and 1 small daisy on top of that. The top picture below shows you what that looked like. The bottom picture (a bit blurry, sorry) shows you what it looked like after I bent all the petals upward and punched a small hole in the center for my gemstone brad.


The pic below shows a side angle view of the carrot top - I think it turned out pretty cute, even though it doesn't resemble real carrot greens (at least the carrot greens from the ones I grow in my garden during the Phoenix "winter" season).... but good enough for me! You can see the gemstone brad peeking out.

Scallop Box

This pic shows a close-up of the Sizzix Bigz XL Scallop Box cut using the Big Shot. I cut the box in Gable Green, and stamped the leaves from another new set called Great Friend in Versamark along the edges of all pieces. I created my window by using the new Scalloped Oval punch that's new in this Mini catalog. The punched out scalloped oval was used above on the flap of the box. I punched 1 scallop circle and large oval in Pixie Pink (after stamping the sentiment) and glued these down on the flap as seen below. I cut a small rectangle from one of the cellophane bags and glued that down inside around the window before final assembly. The box flaps were glued down, then I added dots with a black marker and a ribbon bow to the top. The butterfly from Great Friend was stamped in Pixie Pink ink and quickly heat-embossed in clear embossing powder. It was trimmed out and glued onto the box. Finally, and most importantly :) , yummy jellybeans were added last. A perfect Easter treat!


Chinese Take Out Box

Finally, this little box was created from another template (here's one for ya). I used DSP from the Delicate Dots selection (a Sale-A-Bration goodie!) and cut the template with it. I glued the flaps down and tied an Old Olive ribbon around it. The duck comes from Wagon Full of Fun, another new set from the Mini, and is colored in with markers on watercolor paper. I used my aquapainter to "swipe away" areas of the colored marker to highlight the duck and ribbon to give it a bit of depth. (This is a cool technique and you should try it out!) The duck was cut out and glued to the side of the box. The label was attached last and is lightly sponged and matted on Bashful Blue cardstock.

Well, there you have it! Three different paper containers to help inspire you to create something special for your special someone! I would love to hear what you think... let me know your favorite one! I used alot of new product today that will soon be available for purchase. If you're thinking about any of these new stamps sets or tools from the Mini Catalog and would like to host a workshop in the Phoenix area, please let me know! You can contact me by visiting http://www.mycreativecorner.com/ and filling out the contact page. I would love to show you more ways to maximize the use of any of these products shown today.

Thanks for visiting with me... I am going to do a Friday Flashback for you tomorrow and show you my very *1st ever* scrapbook page, and a couple more that started me on my scrapbook journey 13 years ago... see you then!

2 comments:

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Wowzer! that carrot is impressive. I love how you used the flower die to create the carrot top. WOW!

Kirsten said...

What great little projects! You did a fabulous job with the coloring of the duck.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin