Tuesday

3D Glittered Flowers


I know, I know... I have been away FAR TOO LONG! My sincere apologies to you all, but I've been up to my eyebrows with spring cleaning, yard clean-up & maintenance, and painting the interior of my house. One thing lead to another, and with my work hours mixed in there too, time really got away from me. There's still much to do, but doing today's SCS color challenge was refreshing and a much needed time-out for myself to get lost with paper for a couple hours. I had a wonderful 10-10-10 class last weekend, and it was so much fun to spend time with some old (and new!) friends, and am really looking forward to our next gathering!!

For today's card, I created it with SCS's color challenge in mind. I used the Big Shot and diamond texturz background plate on the artichoke and white oval layers. The beautiful Little Leaves sizzlet die cuts were sponged with artichoke ink to darken them up a bit. The Birds & Blooms sizzlet set was used to create the trio of flowers. I also used the oval template/coluzzle to cut out the white oval, then cut the Rose Red matting freehand around it. The flowers were assembled with a black brad in the center, and the petals were curled upward. Dazzling Diamond glitter was adhered with 2-way glue and adds a wonderful sparkle that's hard to miss (and capture in a photo!). Once the right occasion comes along, I will add a sentiment in the lower right corner punched out with either the curly label or large oval punches, but for now, I think this card can stand on it's own.... what do you think?
Stamps: none!
Paper: Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Black, white
Ink: Always Artichoke
Accessories: Big Shot, diamond texturz background plate, coluzzle, Little Leaves sizzlet, Birds and Blooms sizzlet, sponge, black brads, dazzling diamonds glitter, 2-way glue pen

2 comments:

Twila said...

I think it's very pretty and rich looking. I agree, it doesn't need a sentiment on the front. Just beautiful!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

WOW! I love this technique! I am glad your event went well. wow!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin