Friday

Praying for You



Sorry for the yellow/pink tint in this photo... I messed up my camera settings and haven't quite figured out what I did!!! LOL!! Anyhow, this card shows you a couple of stamps from the new SS09 catalog set called "Thoughts and Prayers". Image-wise, it's one of my very favorites from this catalog as the images are clean and simple and pack alot of punch! Since I have a very limited sympathy-type sentiment collection, the verses were a real necessity, too. There are a couple other applications, like "thinking of you" and "get well soon" - so this set is versatile!!


You can see my use of one of SU's Sizzix texture plates with the polka-dotted background. The polka dots are subtle, but I like that with this card. I could have achieved a more pronounced effect by spraying the paper with alcohol first before running it through the Big Shot (as I did two posts down with the diamond background on the flower trio card), but I appreciate the softness that this background provided for this card. The flower spray was colored directly with Old Olive and Rose Red markers, huffed on (so the moisture from my breath could reactivate the ink), then stamped on Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment was stamped and the whole thing matted. The ribbon bow was tied after punching two small holes and threading the tails from the back of the block.

Thanks for stopping in today - see you soon!

Stamps - Thoughts and Prayers
Paper - Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, white
Ink - Riding Hood Red, SU markers: Old Olive, Rose Red
Accessories - Big Shot, texturz background plate, ribbon, 1/8 in hole punch

1 comment:

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Wowzer! I love this set and wish I'd order it! Beautiful!

Sometimes, simple is the best!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin