Monday

Floral Crimped Envelope & Pocket Card


This is such a simple technique for those of you wanting to make a card, or present a gift card with pizazz, for someone really special! So often, we don't seem to really embellish the envelope as much as the beautiful card we've created, and this project really fills that void... and how!!! This technique was featured a couple weeks ago on Splitcoast's Technique challenge, and I encourage you to click on the link to learn how it's done so that you can give it a try!

I used a couple different stamp sets for this, Botanical Blooms and Heartfelt Thanks. The envelope was stamped first with the leaves from Botanical Blooms in Old Olive and Kiwi Kiss inks, and I lightly sponged around the perimeter with Kiwi Kiss. The envelope was crimped, then the flowers from Botanical Blooms were stamped using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig on a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock and cut out. They are adhered to the envelope with dimensional popdots, along with several sprays of leaves diecut using the Little Leaves sizzlet/Big Shot. The envelope topper is sponged lightly all around, with a strip of Bella Rose DSP layered a couple times, and a ribbon knot attached around the strip before being glued to the topper. The pocket card is stamped with a flower from Heartfelt Thanks on Whisper White cardstock (again using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, every stamper should have one of these in their arsenal!). This panel was layered a couple times, then I used my Eyelet Border edge punch along the bottom. I sewed along the edges of one panel with a zig-zag stitch to add a little bit of oomph. Finally, I added a stamped tab using the Round Tab punch to make it easier on the recipient to remove the pocket card from the envelope.

I hope you enjoy my little project for today... I would love to hear what you think! Again, I encourage you to try this technique for yourself - it really is a wonderful way to present someone with a beautiful handmade card or giftcard. See you tomorrow... I've got another fun project to show you that I'm finishing up today.... ta ta for now!

Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Heartfelt Thanks
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, white, Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Envelope, Kiwi Kiss ribbon, crimper, sponge, Big Shot, Little Leaves sizzlet, dimensionals, brads, sewing machine, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, SU punches - Round Tab, Eyelet Border

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

wow, this is just so pretty

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Dude! I have an upcoming post using this technique, but yours is much cooler! I love this card. The flowers are beautiful...great detail work!

Twila said...

Very pretty card.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin