Friday

It All Started with These...

Today, I thought I'd do something alittle fun (and maybe alittle scary! LOL!). I went through my first scrapbook and pulled out some of the very first pages that I created. I'm not sure how many of you scrapbook, but I started about 13 years ago. I was introduced first to stamping and cardmaking by a close friend and neighbor, and I admit that it took alot of coaxing on her part to get me to try scrapbooking. One day, she invited me to scrapbook, and this is my first ever scrapbook page:

LOL! I had used one of my first Stampin' Up! sets on the page called Happy Harvest. Cutting pictures out with templates was big then too, and I followed the trend with the pumpkin shapes. The stamped images were colored with markers. I'm pretty sure the alphabet is not SU!. And journal blocks.... what's that?
Once again, I used a template to cut around my pictures (sorry for the glare on one of them), and fancy edge scissors were used on the matting. For you "old timers", remember when these were the rage? I think I collected at least 20 different edge scissors back then.... and still have them... somewhere! As you can see in the pic above, I used stamps to create an American flag for the background. I have no idea what the name of these stamps are, except the alphabet. This was my very first alphabet purchase with SU!, and it's a set that I still have.... it's all Alphabet Attitude, baby! Hee hee...
The last page I'm sharing has no SU! stamps (well, maybe that little dotted stamp on the background, I'm not sure), but the images are stamped and colored directly on the light blue cardstock with colored pencils. This page brings back so many memories! I didn't journal on the front of the page, but I did pencil in some thoughts on the backside to capture the moment. I don't believe in redoing pages because it's fun to see how I've evolved over the years. Anyhow, to give alittle background on this page, we had recently returned from spending a day at the Renaissance Festival. My very impressionable, young son wore this Easter bucket on his head every day for over a week while slaying dragons and evil enemies! It *really did* work well as a helmet, ya know! :)
Thanks for going back in time with me today. It's fun to occasionally go back and see how you discovered your "style" of cardmaking or scrapbooking... you see alot of experimentation as your style slowly evolved to become the way it is now, and it'll be fun to look back at today's work 10 years from now! Well, I'm off to make a birthday card for my Dragon Slayer - he's got a birthday party to attend this afternoon... see you soon!

1 comment:

Twila said...

June, I think your first pages were very good! Love how you did the pumpkin page and I love the last one too. Seems like my son did about the same thing when he was little. Now where did I put those pictures! Have a good time with the dragon slayer!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin