Tuesday

24-7 Framed Calendar


Happy St. Patrick's Day to you - are you wearing any green? :)

Many years ago, I spied a very pretty 12x12 inch floral calendar that included this frame and had to purchase it (mostly because it was in my very favorite home decor color - burgundy!). I've reused the frame every year since then, but I was behind this year with all the interior painting and general spring cleaning/repairs that kept me busy these first couple months of 2009. Better late than never, I finished up this 12x12 scrapbook page that became the topper for our 2009 calendar. DH put the calendar part together for me using Publisher - saving me about 6 hours of frustration (I am so NOT good with computers!). Thank you, hon!


Here's a close-up of my page (if you double-click on the pic, it should enlarge for you). I used a burgundy and Certainly Celery page base, and stamped the large flourish stamp from Baroque Motifs in Versamark around the left side and bottom of the page. (Note - had I been thinking, doh! - I should have stamped the flourish in Versamark/Certainly Celery and heat-embossed with clear embossing powder. I've noticed that "Versamark-only" stamped images will eventually fade... just an observation and a FYI for you to be aware of...). After stamping my flourishes, I lightly sponged around the edges in Always Artichoke (yep, I love to sponge everything!). :)

I created two strips with paper from Bella Rose DSP, layering with Always Artichoke and Burgundy. I stamped on the pink DSP with the damask stamp from Friends 24-7 stamp set in Riding Hood Red ink. I also used the "24-7" stamp for the piece in the HodgePodge hardware. The "always" rub-on came from our Chateau Bella Rub-On collection. I love the little sentiment that fits above the word (or below, if you choose)... it says "cherish every moment with those you love". That's beautiful, isn't it?

There are a couple non-SU items on the page - the 1.5 inch wide burgundy sheer ribbon was from the Christmas clearance bin at Walmart, and the various brads are ones I've collected many years ago. The Always Artichoke green leaves are die-cut from the Little Leaves sizzlet/Big Shot. The Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette flowers were created with the Birds & Blooms sizzlet/Big Shot. The RHR flowers have the first two petal layers curled upward, and the Pink Pirouette flowers are lightly sponged with Riding Hood Red ink before assembling together in a stack. The flowers/leaves were arranged and glued together in sections to make it easier on me during final assembly.

I love doing scrapbook pages (and this one is doing double-duty being my calendar topper for now), and I hope to share more pages with you soon. Thanks for checking out my blog today, and I look forward to your next visit! Till next time!!!

Stamps: Friends 24-7, Baroque Motifs
Paper: burgundy, Certainly Celery, Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, Pink Pirouette, Bella Rose DSP
Ink: Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, Versamark, black
Accessories: sponge, ribbon, brads, Big Shot, Little Leaves sizzlet, Birds & Blooms sizzlet, hodgepodge hardware, Chateau Bella rub-ons

5 comments:

Twila said...

Very nicely done. This is beautiful. Looks like alot of hard work and loving care went into this project.

Stephanie said...

I am in love with this! The page alone is beautiful - but then put together with the calendar - WOW!

Renee said...

That is georgous! I love the details!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

The flowers are amazing! Great-looking kids, too.

Anonymous said...

This page is beautiful!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin