Saturday

Inspirational Friend


Hi everyone... I combined two challenges posted on SplitCoastStampers this week to create this card today.... here are the links to the sketch challenge, and the inspiration challenge.

I used this little black and white zebra striped dress from Little Daisy Designs as my inspiration - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12704590

My card background was created with the Big Shot and Sizzix Distressed Texturz plate. I brayered over the raised areas with black ink to bring out the pattern. The top layer was stamped multiple times with a selection from Pocket Silhouettes stamp set. I sponged this panel with black ink on the edges. The butterfly was heat-embossed in clear EP using black ink and cut out. The tips of each butterfly wing are slightly curled upward. The sentiment was colored with markers, so that I could highlight the word "friend" in Real Red ink, and cut out. Half back pearls were added last on the main panel and butterfly. The panels, sentiment and butterfly are adhered with dimensionals popdots.

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate all of your kind comments! Have a great spring Saturday, and I'll see you next time!

Stamps: Great Friend, Pocket Silhouettes
Paper: Whisper White, black
Ink: black, SU markers: Real Red, black
Accessories: Big Shot, distressed texturz plate, sponge dauber, brayer, clear embossing powder, heatgun, StampAMaJig, 1/2 back pearls, dimensional popdots

3 comments:

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Wow, June, You've outdone yourself! I love the use of the brayer on the texturz and the embossing on the butterfly!

Kirsten said...

Wow, this layout turned out great, and what a wonderful way to showcase your pictures.

Kirsten said...

This card is stunning. I am always a sucker for black white and red.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin