Thursday

True Blue Friend


Happy 2009 to you! I rarely get to play the Thursday Ways to Use It challenge on SCS because of work, but I managed to squeeze it in today. I heat embossed the Baroque Motif swirl and Punches Three sentiment in Black Ice embossing powder on silver and Pacific Point cardstocks ~ it is very sparkly and pretty IRL! I matted everything and added the silvery organdy ribbon bow using this easy technique: simply punch 2 holes using 1/8 or 1/4 inch hole punches in your cardstock about 1/4 inch away from each other. Get about 12 inches of ribbon and push the ends up from the back of your cardstock through the holes and tie your bow like tying a shoelace. Easy as pie and the effect is always beautiful!! Finally, I assembled the card with the sentiment block popped up with dimensionals. The silvery organdy ribbon bow is not SU - I've decided to start including the various toys and supplies that I've been collecting over my many years of papercrafting, so you'll start seeing more of these items included on this blog. Happily, almost all my stamps are from Stampin' Up!, so the main focus of my blog will always be Stampin' Up!, but I have various other items that I love to use and would like to share too (ie., Wishblade, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folders)... I figure that you may well have these types of things in your stash too, and my hope is to help inspire you to use them! Thanks for visiting with me on the start of a wonderful 2009 ~ Happy New Year!
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Punches Three
Paper: black, white, silver, pacific point
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: black ice EP, heatgun, scallop square punch, 1/8 inch hole punch, sheer silver ribbon, dimensionals

ETA - If you don't have Black Ice embossing powder, you can create the same look by adding a bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter to Black embossing powder until you get the sparkle that you want! Try it out - it's really pretty!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Page said...

This is GORGEOUS! I really like the Valentine's Squash card also. Great work on these! I DO have a lot of non SU! stuff but like you, all of my stamps are SU! Keep up the good work, June and have a wonderful 2009!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin