Tuesday

Easy Coaster Chipboard Album




Hi Everyone! I thought I'd post about this 4x4 inch coaster chipboard birthday album for you today. I made this for one of my daughter's this weekend while scrapbooking with some wonderful friends. We are so fortunate to be able to get together once a month at a clubhouse and share ideas & laughter - I think we've been together over 4 years now! Anyhow, I've posted both sides of the album fully open up above, and the pictures below are each of the individual squares so that you can get a better view.

First, this type of album is very easy to put together - it's held together by 2 strips of long ribbon.... in the picture directly below, you will see how I started laying out the strips of ribbon about 3/4 inch from the top of the coaster edges and leaving 1/4 inch gap between coasters so that it would fold accordion-style when closed - I needed nine coasters all together. I decided to keep the ribbon in one long, continuous piece for strength. I glued the ribbon to the coasters, but I would have simply "scotch-taped" them in place if I had remembered to bring it with me! Anyhow, I repeated this with the ribbon about 3/4 inch from the bottom edges. Then I cut 18 4x4 inch squares of cardstock (Bashful Blue, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive) and swiped the edges of cardstock with an inkpad to add some visual interest. I glued the squares on the front and back of the coasters, alternating colors on both sides, then decorated each square.



On a side note, I used wallet sized photos that I printed from my photo printer beforehand - this size is perfect for projects like this! Our family was celebrating my daughter's birthday in 2007, and the letters on the front cover are my daughter's initials. I used the BigShot and Naturally Serif Alphabet Sizzlet strip die for that purpose. The chef serving the birthday cake is chalked and watercolored with markers. The cake is directly colored w/markers. See you at the end... enjoy!












The back side of the album spells out my daughter's name. It's the second picture at the beginning of the post. It starts off with a cupcake block, then a letter on each block thereafter. I used the BigShot and Serif Essentials Alphabet dies for this... I hope that you enjoy my little project ~ Heather loved this little gift to her. Take care, and have a great day!!

Stamps: Voila, Party Hearty, Crazy for Cupcakes
Paper: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, white
Inks: black, Bashful Blue, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, SU markers for coloring
Accessories: Coaster Chipboard, ribbon, silk flowers, brads, chalks, dimensional popdots, mono-multi glue, BigShot, Naturally Serif Sizzlet Alphabet, Serif Essentials Alphabet, SU punches: photo corner, designer label, scallop circle, 1/4 inch circle, spring bouquet flower

5 comments:

Twila said...

You are really on a roll, girlfriend. I love this idea. Very cute. Thanks for showing us how to make it. Great stuff!

Lisa Page said...

I am not worthy of your talent, oh Great One! Hey, I know- can you put your posts and projects on my blog? LOL

Glad you put the instructions down. I'd like to try this some day. Even though mine will not turn out like yours (AWESOME!)!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

These are fun to make. Love the way yours turned out!

Sherry said...

Hi June, I found you on SCS (love your gallery)! I'm so glad I took a peek at your blog too! I just have to say, what a great coaster album, such a cute idea! I've got 2DGC that will love one of these for their Birthday! TFS!!

ps... I'm happyscrapper5 on SCS..

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Cute! This is a great project! How fun would that be to receive! Great work!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin