Monday

Great Times



Paper Pleats are today's cool technique challenge on SplitCoast! I made today's card for someone leaving on vacation, and my pleats are the tied-back tent flaps. I used several different stamp sets to create my scene: Under the Stars (raccoon and chow), Happy Camper (trees and campfire, & also retired), and Cute and Curly (sentiment). The trees were stamped first, then masked so that I could sponge in the night sky. The ground is also sponged. The moon is made from a 3/4 inch circle post-it that was put down before sponging. The sentiment is computer generated and punched out with the Curly Label punch and mounted on popdots. The campfire, raccoon and grub were stamped on white cardstock and cut out with scissors, then popped up with dimensional popdots. They are colored in with colored pencils. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great afternoon!

Stamps: Under the Stars, Happy Camper, Cute and Curly
Paper: Night of Navy, Garden Green, white, black
Ink: Night of Navy, Handsome Hunter, Chocolate Chip, black
Accessories: sponge daubers, ribbon, dimensional popdots, colored pencil, post-it, computer/printer, SU punches: 3/4 inch circle, Curly Label
Techniques: masking

7 comments:

Twila said...

Hi June! What a neat new technique. I enjoy visiting your blog and seeing all your ideas so I've given you a blog award and you can find it over on my blog. Congrats and have a nice day.

Mindy Ussery said...

Sorry I have been MIA for so long.... glad to be back to the blogs!!!!


How creative! LOve these pleated tent flaps. I have to share this with my camping friend. Too cool...

Jamie Martin said...

This is super cute, love how you made the tent!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this card! we go camping a lot so camping stamps appeal to me greatly.I never would have thought to use paper pleats for my tent flaps. Thanks for the great inspiration.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the pleats! How cool is that!

Stephanie said...

What a great idea to pleat the tent flaps! Cute card!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this amazing camp scene!! Your pleated tent flaps are absolutely fabulous just like the rest of your carefully chosen and placed details!!
Delightful work!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin