Thursday

Easter Mosaic


This was made for Splitcoast's Ways to Use It challenge, and today's item was to use alcohol is some way on your card. My card title is Easter Mosaic, but I didn't do a mosaic on the two large eggs, just the chick's egg with the leftover "pattern" paper that I made with alcohol and reinkers. Basically, I just used a Q-tip and soaked each cottony end in alcohol, then added 1 drop of Riding Hood Red reinker on one side, and 1 drop of Kiwi Kiss reinker on the other. I lightly spritzed a quarter sheet of white cardstock with alcohol and just rolled my Q-tip back and forth, all around to make a marbling of color. (I guess this is a variation of the Polished Stone technique.... hey, I know... let's call it the Rolling Stones. tee hee hee! OK, I'm just kidding!)

Anyhow, after letting the paper dry, I stamped the egg on top and cut around the outline. I added a ribbon bow on each egg and set it aside. The chick/egg was stamped and colored in with colored pencil above (chick) and watercoloring below (egg). I cut up leftover pieces of my "pattern" paper and glued them down on the egg to create my mosaic. The sentiment was stamped and brads were added. This was matted and adhered to my cardbase. The large eggs were glued down last. It was fun to do something alittle different today. I encourage you to challenge yourself and do something outside your comfort zone. I appreciate you visiting with me and checking out my Easter card... have a great day!!

Stamps: A Good Egg
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, YoYo Yellow, Riding Hood Red, white
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Black
Accessories: colored pencils, brads, ribbon, Q-tip, alcohol, spritzer bottle, aquapainter
Techniques: polished stone

8 comments:

Twila said...

June, this is such a cute card! and I love the technique. I'm going to have to try it. Did you use regular white cardstock?

Unknown said...

Twila, thanks for your very kind comments... yes, I used Whisper White cardstock! Take care!!!

Mindy Ussery said...

This is too cool. I may have to case this for my March clubs. What a great idea and it is 2 cool techniques in one!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Too cute!! And I'm still working on Valentine's Day!!

Carrie said...

What a great technique! Your projects are always so well put together. I left you an award on my blog!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Neat idea! I love how the eggs compliment the entire card! I've tried before, but never know what do with my polished stone paper when done. Great idea!

Stephanie said...

I love how the egg on the chick's bottom half looks! great job!

Kirsten said...

Wow, what a great use for that alcohol! The eggs turned out fabulous and such a cute card.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin