Monday

Inspired Calendar Display


Hi Everyone! I was uploading a picture to my Splitcoast gallery one day and spied a very cute calendar that Carolina (aka CraftyCaro on SCS) had just completed. Of course, it's been on my mind ever since, so during my next visit to Walmart, I picked up these VERY inexpensive 5x7 unfinished wood plaques in the craft area. I also purchased a plate stand to display my calendar when complete. Upon returning home, I downloaded this 2009 mini calendar created by Cat, and trimmed/matted them to size. They were punched with a crop-a-dile and are held together with eyelets. The sides and back of the wood plaque are painted with light green acrylic craft paint mixed with about 10 drops of Kiwi Kiss reinker to match the cardstock/designer paper better. I set this aside to dry, and watercolored my main image from Summer by the Sea (one of my all-time favorites!) using an aquapainter and SU markers on watercolor paper. (By the way, Summer by the Sea - item # 104243 - is retiring on January 18th, along with these other stamp sets, so order your favorites while you can through my demo website!). I really love the designer papers in our Bella Rose collection, and based my display colors along that paper line. I picked out a subtle background paper, then matted and trimmed/assembled my blocks to size. The riding hood red cardstock background was glued to my wood plaque with mono-multi glue, and everything else is adhered to that. The sentiment comes from a new Spring/Summer catalog hostess set that I am really diggin' called (can you guess?)... "Dream a Little". It is punched out with the Word Window punch and lightly sponged in Riding Hood Red ink and popped up with dimensionals. I dug around in my silk flower stash and created this flower arrangement that is held together with gluedots/mono-multi glue. This is adhered to the display with sticky strip. As a final note, the calendar and it's matting are attached with removable double-sided tape. This way, I can recreate a new calendar next year and use the same display again. I hope this inspires you, just as I was inspired by Carolina, to make your very own calendar display! Have a great day, and I hope you come back tomorrow... I have a cute coaster album that I made for one of my daughters and I'd love to share it with ya!
Stamps: Summer by the Sea, Dream a Little
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, watercolor paper, whisper white, Bella Rose DP, printer paper for calendar
Inks: black, Riding Hood Red, SU markers for coloring
Accessories: ribbon, brads/eyelets, cropadile, aquapainter, silk flowers/leaves, gluedots, sticky strip, dimensional popdots, acrylic paint, small paintbrush, sponge dauber, SU punches: word window, photo corner

6 comments:

Twila said...

I my! This is so pretty, I've got to CASE this one! Great job.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

beautiful. I love this set and will miss it!

Stephanie said...

cute is right! I soooo wish I was inspired to create calendars - there are so many wonderful ideas out there!
Love the ribbon on it!

Carrie said...

This is beautiful!! Maybe I'll try a calender, since it is still January, after all!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I like this. I'm currently dreaming of a little beach time myself!!

Tai said...

Oh my this is a great gift to receive. The water coloring on this project is excellent.

Thanks for sharing

Tai

Blog Widget by LinkWithin