Monday

Squash Valentine card..... say wwhhaaat???


Hello, Everyone! :) What a weird title for today's post, but let me explain... Today's challenge on SCS is to make a squash card. Most of the time, they seem to be used for scrapbooking, hence "squash album", and you might have heard of that term. Anyhow, Lynn created a PDF in the first post so that you can see just how easy this is to create... there's a Word document in post #10 for those of you who prefer this format. I've made these squash albums before, and they are perfect for gift giving! It was fun to make a card version today.
Well, it sure felt good for me to make a card for a different kind of celebration... and in this case, yep, you guessed it! -Valentine's Day. I don't know if this card is really "vintage", but the colors made me feel that way when I was typing up the title. This is a card that sort-of evolved... my original idea was completely different! I love organdy ribbon (it's my favorite kind to use), and I was completely depressed about it when Stampin' Up! stopped selling it many years ago, so I use what I have very sparingly. I continue hoping that they bring it back with every new catalog release... tee hee! Nothing wrong with hopin'.....
The background script is from the upcoming Level 2 hostess set Rustic Rooster (ooh, sneak peak!) and is stamped in Creamy Caramel on the same color cardstock. The large heart from Always was stamped, masked and stamped again on top of the background in Close to Cocoa. I reverse-masked and sponged the inside of the heart with a sponge dauber. The edges were swiped against the Creamy Caramel inkpad. The ribbon and half-back pearls were added last, and everything was mounted on my 4 inch square Very Vanilla squash card.
Have a great day, and I hope to see you again very soon... thanks for stopping in!

Stamps: Always, Rustic Rooster
Paper: Very Vanilla, black, Real Red, Creamy Caramel
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: organdy ribbon, half-back pearls, sponge dauber, SU photo corner punch
Techniques: masking

3 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

This one looks great, June! I hope to get back to it and try it out....when things slow down a bit!! Have a Happy New Year!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Neat idea! I love these kind of cards! Your card has a great color combo!

Twila said...

June, this is beautiful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin