Sunday

Simple Christmas Thank You Card


I hope that your Christmas celebration was filled with much happiness! The last two weeks were very hectic for me (and I'm sure for you, too!), so I apologize for not posting... I squeezed in work and sleep between finishing up Christmas shopping, cooking and baking, wrapping gifts, and completing all the Christmas cards. I made over 70, but most were done assembly-line style (once I decided on which card, that is!).... and to top it off, they were either mailed or hand-delivered to boot.... YAY!
Well, I had to work the day after Christmas, so yesterday was spent vegging around the house and making some simple thank you cards for family and friends for the wonderful Christmas gifts that were given to my family. I love this Merry & Bright stamp set, and decided that this little snowman would bring a smile to just about anyone's face. I stamped the snowman and trees, masking where necessary, in order to create my little scene. Then, I re-masked the snowman and little tree beside him to protect them from sponged ink done in Summer Sun, Bordering Blue and Night of Navy which created the glow from Heaven above. The snowman and tree were colored with markers, and snowman shadows were colored with light blue colored pencil. I stamped the snowflakes in White Craft ink. This was mounted on a Real Red block, and the sentiment is from Warmest Regards (retired).
I hope that you get some time to wind down after the holiday hustle and bustle. Take care and see you soon...

2 comments:

Renee said...

Ha! I read in the title "Simple" and wondered how you did that wonderful card simply. Then I read your description and there is nothing simple about it! I love it! Happy New Year!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

That card is a gift in itself. So fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin