Tuesday

Card Trek and Technology

Hello again!

For those of you that know me well, you know that I'm a die-hard Star Trek fan.... especially "The Next Generation" series.  I was tickled when I saw this video released by Stampin' Up! recently:


I think that was pretty silly and fun!  I like to believe that hand-made items & gifts will still be appreciated that far into the future - after all, it comes from the heart!  But there's no denying that we are in a digital age, and technology rocks!  (In other words, I would die without the internet!  LOL!)  Using technology certainly makes our life easier, and one of my most favorite Stampin' Up! products that saves so much time is the My Digital Studio software package.  SU! has an ongoing Free offer available to download and use MDS2 for 30 days, plus you have a huge MDS catalog available with more digital items released every Tuesday.  Click the image to learn more about this versatile program....


My son, Alex, is serving a 2 year mission for our church and sends home a ton of photos on SD cards.  I was able to start his scrapbook album to record his missionary experiences using MDS2.  When he returns home, these 12x12 pages will be printed, and I will turn each of them into a hybrid page (a combination of digital and traditional scrapbook page).  It will be easy for me to add on a few embellishments here and there to 'dress it up', and for Alex to journal his memories and add names & dates.  It's great to sit down for a couple hours every few weeks and keep up with his photos - MDS2 makes this a very easy project to complete!  Here's a snippet of what I've done so far -


MDS2 is versatile.  It does more than just scrapbook pages and albums - you can create journals, cards, tags, calendars, videos, DVDs....  and you can print from home, send files to your local printer, or have your projects professionally created through SU!'s service providers.  It's truly a great product!

Have a great day!
June


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin