Wednesday

Bloomin' Marvelous Coloring




The beginning of the year is always a great time of year at Stampin' Up!  It's SaleABration time through March 22, and one of my favorite Free stamp sets from the SaleABration catalog is called "Bloomin' Marvelous".  This card was made with stamps from that beautiful set.

First, I used the 3rd largest Labels Collection framelit and cut out the shape on a white cardstock panel to make a masking frame.  I placed that frame on another piece of white cardstock, then sponged on So Saffron ink around the edges to create the outlined shape.  Leaving the frame on the paper, I stamped the flowers in Pool Party ink, then the leaves in Lucky Limeade ink with a masking technique.  The butterfly was stamped in Peach Parfait, and I added little pearls for it's body.  The top frame was removed, and I cut around the outlined shape leaving a 1/8th inch border so that I could add little pen dots around the outer edge.  The depth of flowers was achieved by using 2 darker shades of blue colored pencils to darken up the interior of the flower petals.  I added little black and Peach Parfait pen dots to the centers of the flowers.  To create the cardbase, I embossed a separate piece of white cardstock that was embossed with the Square Lattice folder.  I glued it down on top of the card, then attached the flowery stamped panel to the cardbase with dimensional popdots.

You can have your own Bloomin' Marvelous set with a $50 product purchase.  Click the SaleABration catalog on the left to see the cute selections this year.

Have a great day!
~June

Stamps:  Bloomin' Marvelous (SAB set)
Paper:  Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Peach Parfait, So Saffron (markers in Basic Black and Peach Parfait)
Accessories: popdots, pearls, colored pencils, Labels Collection framelits, Square Lattice embossing folder, BigShot, sponge dauber


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin