Thursday

WT310 Silhouette



The Ways to Use It challenge on SplitCoast is all about Silhouette Stamping today. This is where your main image is solid and stamped in one color only (you can use an "open" image and color it in a solid color). This kind of stamping is really striking and has alot of WOW factor.

To make my card above, I brayered black ink on white cardstock on the top of the main panel, then stamped the tree from Nature Silhouettes. The deer was stamped next, then I filled in the edges with black ink. Then to really make my main panel visually pop, I heat embossed it about 5 times with clear embossing powder. The surface is now really glassy. I got alittle close with the heat gun during one of the layers, and it caused the ink or paper beneath to spread a golden brown color from the inked areas.... I thought it provided a very cool background effect! After the main panel cooled down, I matted a couple times on white and black cardstock, then popped it up on a So Saffron embossed panel using the Square Lattice embossing folder/BigShot.

Thanks to Kim for hosting this challenge once again. I hope that you have a great Thursday, and are able to come visit with me again soon...
~June

Stamps: Nature Silhouettes
Paper: White, Black, So Saffron
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: brayer, heatgun, clear embossing powder, sponge dauber, striped ribbon, dimensional popdots, Square Lattice embossing folder/BigShot

1 comment:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Love the way this one turned out. I like the way the ink bled during embossing. It gives a very soft misty look.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin