Friday

Friday Flashback - Grateful for You


I think a while ago, OK - a LONG while ago, I had done a few "flashback" cards here and there using retired SU product from my stash.  I'm not one to give up my favorite retired merchandise so easily... I love it too much!  And, this card my inspire you pull out and use that same DSP or stamp set today - which serves my purpose for making my "flashback" cards!


I made a card for one of Splitcoaststampers challenges this week.  What a fun challenge, too!  This is my first Teapot Tuesday card, and I was able to make this for EPEC (extra points for extra cookies!).  Here's the story behind the challenge, and I hope that you'll be able to play along, too....

I loved making this card with the always beautiful, Always Thankful, stamp set.  The image was watercolored with an aquapainter and SU inks.  The edges of the vanilla and DSP panels were lightly sponged.  These were matted and then glued down.  I stamped an extra set of the wheat stalks, watercolored them, cut 'em out and glued them on top of the original image to add that little extra dimension and have a couple of the wheat sprays on top of the sentiment.  Lastly I added little 1/8" circle punch-outs from black cardstock to make faux brads.

Thanks for looking at my challenge card, and I hope you can dust off some items in your stash and play today...  Comment below with a link to your card - I'd love to see it!

~June

Stamps:  Always Thankful (retired)
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, SU Love Letter DSP (retired)
Ink:  Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, River Rock, black pen
Accessories: 1/8" circle punch, sponge dauber, aquapainter, designer label punch, 1 3/8" circle punch

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning...your work is fabulous! have a great weekend!

enjoy *~*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin