Friday

Whoo's Birthday?



Owls are so cute - don't you think? With four kids ranging in age from 9 to 17, it seems like I never have enough birthday cards made up for all the different age groups between my kids and their friends. This card above uses the owl stamp from the Fox & Friends, and the flower twig comes from the Eastern Blooms stamp set. I like how this card turned out and think it'll be perfect for the younger crowd. Don't forget that you can click on the photo and a larger version should appear for you...
The flower twig was colored using Chocolate Chip and Poppy Parade markers, then stamped on the main Whisper White panel. The owl was positioned onto the twig with the help of a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, and stamped using the new In-Color ink called Cajun Craze - it's going to be the perfect color for the autumn cards that I have spinning around in my head. It's similar to the retiring Really Rust color, but has more richness, and (IMHO) it's a prettier color shade all around. I used a scoring tool to add a border around the stamped images. This was matted and glued to a patterned paper selection from the Hostess Patterns Pack III which has a white mat with edges done with the Scallop Edge border punch. Lastly, I glued tiny half-back pearls to the centers of the flowers to add alittle oomph.
I'd love to hear what you think! With all the birthday's around here, this card will be on it's way to a new home soon. My next project to post is another birthday card, but for a male teen... I hope you can come back and check it out! It got the thumbs up from DS #1, so I'm a happy stamper {grin!}. Have a super Friday, and be sure to get a little stamping time in this weekend... till next time...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin