Sunday

Vintage Elements



I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. This card is using Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow, and Basic Gray colors posted as a challenge over at SCS. I love doing them - the challenges do keep the ideas fresh and inspirational..... try 'em, you'll like 'em! Tee hee!!!

This color combination reminded me of "vintage" when I pulled all the sheets of cardstock together. It was a bonus in the challenge to use lace which pretty much sealed the "vintage" idea I had floating around in my head.

The flower spray comes from a large stamp in the upcoming SU! Summer Mini stamp set called "Elements of Style". It was stamped in Basic Black ink on Vanilla cardstock and colored direct-to-paper with Apricot Appeal, More Mustard and Sage Shadow markers. I ever-so-lightly blended the colors together with a slightly damp aquapainter. I cut the flower spray with an oval Coluzzle, stopping in areas of the image that I wanted "out-of-the-box", and trimmed those areas with small scissors. I lightly sponged Apricot Appeal ink around the edges, and this was matted on a Basic Gray cardstock oval. The lace was attached on the back with Sticky Strip.

The sentiment comes from the Great Friend stamp set. I used a StampAMaJig for that step.

The butterfly is a new single stamp called All a Flutter and was stamped in black and colored with the same markers mentioned above and a white gel pen. The butterfly and flowers only were heat embossed with Versamarker/clear EP. The background was made with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder/BigShot and lightly sponged with Apricot Appeal ink to bring out the dots. This main panel and butterfly were adhered with dimensional popdots. I added 3 small half-back pearls to finish it off.

I hope today starts a fabulous week ahead for you. Take care and see you next time!

1 comment:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Very nice June. And very vintage-y!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin