Friday

Roses for Prom



Hello again - This card was made for my oldest son to give to his date on their way to their high school's Junior-Senior Prom next weekend.... along with chocolates and a rose corsage, of course! He will be wearing the standard black tuxedo and white shirt with a red vest/tie to match her lovely red dress, so that's why I chose these colors for the card. The layout is this week's Sketch Challenge over on Splitcoast.

The large rose and rose buds on the tags were made with hearts punched from various heart sizes, and I inserted little half-back pearls that are held in place with Crystal Effects. The two smaller roses were made with the Trio Flower punch, with 3 punch-outs stacked on each other and scrunched up with a little pearl inside. The stamped "flower stem" is a portion of the flourish stamp from SU's new Elements of Style (which will be available for purchase on May 1st), and it was selectively colored with Old Olive marker before stamping. I lightly sponged the edges and used the speckle stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Real Red ink to add alittle more color to the flower panel. I applied a smidge of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with a make-up sponge to the large rose/leaves - the leaves were hand cut from scrap DSP.

I used the scallop trim border and tiny tags punch for the ribbon layer. I left the middle tag blank so that my son could write his date's name in Japanese handwriting - my son and his date met in their Japanese language class, so I think that will add a special, personalized touch for this card. The background embossed panel was created with the Finial Press folder/Bigshot.

I hope you have a great weekend and can stop in again very soon! C Ya!!

3 comments:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Whow what a wonderful card
I love your creativity with the flowers
super nicely done!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

This is a beautiful card! Love the colors, of course, and the design is just delightful. Love all the detail. Your son and his date are very lucky!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love the tags! The whole card is amazing, but those little tags just add so much!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin