Monday

So Tweet Layout


Hello... hope the start of the week is going well for you... I've been feeling a bit under the weather the last two days, so I took it easy and worked on this whimsical 12x12 scrapbook page of my daughters throughout the day. Remember, you can click the photos and a bigger version will refresh on your screen... when you're done, just hit the back button to get back to the main page...

I used the leftover patterned paper from the altered clock project & lightweight chipboard to create my "so tweet" letters that were die cut with the BigShot & Serif Essentials alphabet die set. After gluing all of the patterned paper to the various chipboard pieces with SU's "anywhere glue stick" (love this product by the way!), I lightly sponged the edges with Melon Mambo ink, and used the new Melon Mambo marker to add some penworks on the letters. The bird's tail & wing, and the little flower were covered with Melon Mambo cardstock, trimmed out and stamped with the swirl stamp from the Wings of Friendship Hostess level 2 stamp set in Melon Mambo ink. The bird's eye and legs were sponged with Soft Suede ink. The branch was sponged with Old Olive ink. The beak was covered with the same paper as the background, and lightly sponged with Crushed Curry ink. The photo was matted several times, with one of the layers punched with the eyelet punch. I added a little sub-title with the new Modern Label punch in the upper right corner. Swirls and little notes were added last.

I love to scrapbook, and I should devote more time to it as I'm terribly behind with all the family photos. It was fun to focus on chipboard today with this layout, and I hope you enjoy my page. Have a great evening... I'm off to eat some soup and lay down under a blankie... Ta ta for now, and said with my best Arnold impersonation... "I'll be back...." :)

Stamps: Wings of Friendship (swirl stamp on bird wing/tail/flower)
Paper: Pixie Pink, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
Inks: Old Olive, Soft Suede, Melon Mambo (inkpad and marker)
Accessories: Big Shot, Swirly Sizzlet Decorative Strip, Billboard Alphabet Strip, Serif Essentials Alphabet dies, So Tweet On-Board Chipboard, Eyelet border punch, modern label punch, Family Treasures music note punch, 1/4" circle punch, sanding block, sponge/daubers, anywhere glue stick

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow June! This is super marvelous magnifique! I so can't wait to get my hands on the Razzleberry Lemonade dsp!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Great page, June. And I do hope you are feeling better soon! It's the pits to feel "yucky"!!

Rose said...

What a great layout! I love everything about it! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable layout!! Your kids are so cute, I love that picture of them!!! So sweet!!!

Rose Castillo said...

Your page is absolutely adorable. I love the colors and layout.

Comeka said...

This page is awesome! I love everything about it!

Lisa Page said...

Stinkin' cute! Perfect DSP and elements for a little girl page. Get well soon!

Lisa Kmiec said...

This page is beautiful!!! I love all the extra embellishments you added. They are the perfect touch. Great job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin