Saturday

Giving Love and Support


Well, I mentioned in my previous post that I was going to dig around in my stash to figure out what I would be working on during Scrapbook Day - but then I read an email from a dear friend whose FIL is very, very ill. She and her husband know that I've been thinking and praying for strength and recovery for their father and their family, but I felt moved to make a card for them anyhow. This card utilizes the faux layering technique and was achieved by lots of sponging, torn post-it notes and a bit of masking with the tree and strands of grass around the deer silhouette. I wanted to have a lower border with a floral selection from Pocket Silhouettes, yet have another scene on the cardfront in addition to not having the bulk of additional layers, so the faux layering technique was the perfect choice. I'm very pleased with this card... perhaps it is a bit unusual, but to me, it conveys warmth, strength and serenity. I extended the floral border to the inside of the card with plenty of room to write some thoughts before giving them this card.


I will be back soon to post the things I make during Scrapbook Day.... I have no idea what I'm going to do yet, so I guess I'll close and poke around my craft room a bit. Take care, and let the ones you love know it, and that you are always there for them! See you next time.... :)

Stamps: Nature Silhouettes, Pocket Silhouettes, Sentiment from Friends 2-7
Paper: Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke
Ink: Chocolate Chip, black, Cameo Coral, More Mustard, Always Artichoke
Accessories: post-its, sponge dauber, brads

9 comments:

Jess Lundahl said...

Your faux layering is perfect for this card!!

Rose Castillo said...

What a beautiful and striking card. You did a great job.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!

Debbie said...

Your card is awesome. The faux layering just makes it. Good job. Thanks for sharing.

RubberRedneck said...

This card is gorgeouse!! You did a great job!

Twila said...

What a great guy card. I love that stamp set.

Lisa Kmiec said...

Perfect technique for this card. It's beautiful!

Jessica G. said...

What a stunning card. I know it will be appreciated.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Yes, the card was most appreciated!! Sorry for the delayed response. As you know, we've been a little crazy over here!! Thank you so much for your support, June!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin