Wednesday

Scallop Flowers


I made this card a while ago playing with ideas for Stampin' Up's scallop circle punch. I love the technique of creating petaled flowers with the punched scallop pieces and wanted to share this technique specifically with you today. I'm sure some of you have seen this before, so it's a quick reminder about how easy and fast it is to put on cards or scrapbook pages to add a quick POP to a project. For those that are new to this one, just simply snip toward a center point of each scallop punch-out using straight scissors and stop about 1/4 inch away from the center. I used a 1/2 inch circle punched from Really Rust cardstock for the flower center, added a half-back pearl and dotted around it with a white gel pen. I dotted the Really Rust main rectangular panel with the white gel pen and mounted this on More Mustard and Whisper White cardstock. This was adhered to my More Mustard cardbase that was already stamped with the Aida Cloth background in Really Rust ink and sponged on the edges of the cardbase. I lightly sponged Really Rust ink on the tips of the flower petals and used a glue dot to place the three flowers on the card. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner.
On a side note, I love all the sets that I've purchased from SU over the years, and usually keep them. But if I keep them, I have to use them, and I did so with this card.... So - this card used a couple retired SU sets - Aida Cloth background and Favorite Greetings, but these can be substituted with current sets like Canvas background and Sincere Salutations to achieve a similar look. I hope you get a chance for some creative time today - thanks for stopping by! Till next time...

2 comments:

Lisa Page said...

I'm really getting into fall right now and am rediscovering and loving the earthy fall colors. This is a GREAT card for the fall season! I like the layout- it's so versatile- and the colors are fantastic!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love the flowers and how you made them fit the season!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin