Friday

Bleached Lazy Summer Days


OK, I admit it... I have ALOT of favorite techniques, but I have to say that ranking near the top is using the bleaching technique on a card. Here I used a small paintbrush and a Clorox bleach pen to blend out areas on my chocolate chip cardstock. It's really a very simple technique that doesn't require very much practice. Once you've picked out your color combination, heat emboss your open-lined image in black powder. You can use a bleach pen or liquid and just paint it on. To speed up the process, you can use a heatgun to basically dry the bleach with each application. You just keep repeating in areas that you want to have "whiter", if that makes any sense. I hope you try this very easy technique - I think you will be very pleased with the results.
Stamps - SU's Summer by the Sea and Fresh Cuts sentiment
Cardstock - Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze and Pacific Point
Accessories - eyelets, twine, crop-a-dile, bleach pen, small paintbrush, heatgun, black embossing powder and Versamark ink
Have a super day!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin