Sunday

Bright is Right!



I thought I'd share a couple cards that I made for the CC264 Color Challenge that was posted on Splitcoast the beginning of April. This challenge was to use Bermuda Bay, So Saffron and Basic Gray colors.

The cake is from this year's SAB set Happy Moments, and was colored direct-to-paper with the In-Color markers. The glow of candles and cake plate was watercolored with the aquapainter and So Saffron & Going Grey inks. The dry embossed Bermuda Bay background is the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder that was ran through the BigShot. The sentiment is the Modern Label and Word Window punch. Some brads and organdy ribbon from my stash finish up this card.

I wasn't sure how I'd like these colors when I first read the challenge, but I found that I enjoyed using them together after all - so I made another card!




A closeup of the flowers below -


After punching the flower shapes from the Boho Blossoms flower punch and assembling them together with a brad to hold them in place, I scrunched up the Bermuda Bay flower tips with my fingers. This loosened the paper fibers so that I could use the tip of my paper piercer to tease the paper layers apart to give the flower petals a ruffled look. A different, but fun technique!

Stamps: Made 2 Last stamp set
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Bigshot, Boho Blossoms punch, dimensional popdots, paper piercer, brads

I encourage you to do a challenge today - they are a great way to push yourself to try something new. Look, I was "ho-hum" about the colors picked for this challenge, and then pleasantly surprised at how bright and cheerful they were together! Give it a go!!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin