Monday

Bookmark Card and Bag



A recent challenge on Splitcoaststampers, TLC268, was to incorporate a bookmark into a card. I had some small items to give to a sweet friend, so I thought this would be a nice way to add something more to her gifts.



This little color combination started with this paper rose that I originally had made for a different project. The rose turned out to be larger than I needed, so I set it aside till I found another use for it - today's project! The paper rose was created by using different sized heart punches. I sponged ink on the edges and curled the heart's curvy edges under before gluing the pointy tips together (a brad can help to secure all the pointy tips before shaping as well).

The designer paper came from my never-ending scraps pile, so I don't know the maker, but I loved the summery feel to the colors and it matched the flower well enough for my needs. This was matted together using Tempting Turquoise cardstock. The paper gift bag is Stampin' Up's Fancy Favor Sizzix die cut out of YoYo Yellow. I threaded a strip of Whisper White Organza ribbon on top to make a bag strap. The flower is attached to the designer paper with dimensional popdots.



The front of the card seen at the top of this post is using stamps from Great Friend and Pocket Silhouettes stamp sets in YoYo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore inks with the same in cardstock colors. The inside of the tri-fold card contains the bookmark held in place with repositionable tape. Here's the bookmark removed from the card below-



The butterflies were diecut using the Beautiful Wings embosslit die found on page 24 of the Occasions Mini. I love how it has 4 different butterflies on it - I've used it a ton already! The bookmark is a perfect size and comes from the Two Tags die, and I have an inside mat of Tempting Turquoise cardstock punched from the Scallop Circle punch. The 1 3/8 circle punch was used for the pattern paper circle background.

I hope this gives you some ideas to use when presenting gifts to someone special. I hope you have a fabulous Monday, and may your week be a good one! Till next time....

1 comment:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Love, Love, Love-d it!! I'm currently using the bookmark as I sit around and read and wait for Bob. How about the rose for a club project?? I need to know how to do this one!! Thanks, my friend, for all you have done for me!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin