Thursday

I Love It - FINALLY!

Hello everyone... I know I've been quiet lately, but there's a reason why... I've been really focused on my website the last couple of weeks, and all the attention has finally paid off - for me, anyhow :). I'm really, really pleased with my website! Thank you so much, Jim, for providing me with alot of patience and training in the world of website creation. You are truly awesome! (For you who don't know, Jim is my dear husband and best friend.) If you'd like to see it, click here!


I haven't been playing with my goodies because of the website priorities, so it felt really good to sit down and make something again. This is a card that I created yesterday for a couple of tutorials. I know some of my friends are relatively new to the popular techniques out there, and I wanted to share these with whomever is curious how I do a certain technique. I hope they are well-received. I will note the originator of any technique if I can find who created it - these two are so popular that I wasn't able to locate a specific person. Anyhow, back to the card - I colored my Easter chick using Gamsol Magic, and the background was achieved with bleaching. I love doing my coloring this way because it can be as soft or intense as you'd like it. If you haven't done these before, I encourage you to try it out! I doodled grass blades for the ground and used the bleaching technique for the rose red background panel. I used the ticket corner punch for the rose red panel that is just below the image. I punched two small holes in the upper left corner of the white cardstock for threading my ribbon through to make my ribbon knot. I hope you like it!

Stamps - Sprinkles, A Good Egg
Cardstock - Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Positively Pink, White
Inks - Stazon black, black pen for doodling grass
Accessories - Mona Lisa odorless mineral spirits, Prismacolor Colored Pencils, bleach pen, ribbon, ticket corner punch, 1/8in hole punch, blending stumps, art eraser

Blog Widget by LinkWithin