Saturday

IC271 Pink Lemonade



Today's card reflects inspiration challenge #271 over on SplitCoast. This is where we can look through a website found by the challenge hostess, Stef, and find a picture for inspiration. I chose this picture called Pink Lemonade. I love pink lemonade in real life, so I think that's why the picture stuck out to me. I am having such a hard time getting my camera to capture light, soft colors like pink correctly, so I apologize for the poor quality photograph. I took a bunch of pictures under a variety of light conditions, and this one was the best that I could muster, even with the aide of Photoshop. I hope you can see the details well enough...

This stamp set is featured in the Occasions Mini Catalog and called Baby Blossoms. I love 2-step stamping, and there's a variety of different florals in the set. The lighter area of the rose was inked up in Pretty in Pink, stamped once on scratch paper, then stamped again on Whisper White. The darker area of the rose was stamped directly in Pretty in Pink ink without "stamping-off" first. The frame and roses are popped up with dimensional popdots, and the middle white panel has very light sponging done of the edges. The scrunchy ribbon is held in place with sticky strip.

Thanks to Stef for bringing a wonderful challenge today... I hope you have a great Saturday!!

Stamps: Baby Blossoms
Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder, Bigshot, sticky strip, whisper white organza ribbon, dimensional popdots, sponge dauber

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin