Saturday

Razzleberry Posies



Happy Saturday to You! Today's card project features a couple stamps from the Punched Posies Hostess stamp set. I love how the stamps fit certain punches in the catalog... I did fussy-cut around the small Melon Mambo flowers before popping them up with dimensional popdots. Can you see the little half-back pearls? If you click on the picture, an enlargement should appear to make it easier to see... I have pearls along the bottom scallop and in the flower centers. See the bottom of today's post for a tip regarding the application of the little pearls.

Stamps: Punched Posies
Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, Cardstocks - Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana
Inks: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Dimensional popdots, half-back pearls, pin, SU punches: scallop trim edge border, scallop circle, 1 3/4 inch circle

If you like using the little pearls like I do - you know what rascals they can be! If you grab them with tweezers or between your fingernails- they pop out and go flying! And they always seem to want to land upside down when I'm about ready to drop them into the glue.... so with trial and lots of error, I found what works easiest and best for me. I thought I'd share how I put the little half-back pearls on my projects.

Apply a small dot of glue (mono-multi used here)-


Give the dot of glue about 20-30 seconds to set up and get tacky... Now, it's ready for a pearl...


While you are waiting on your dot of glue to set-up, touch the very tip of a pin in mono-multi glue - it'll be "dry" and tacky in 15 seconds or so... You really only have to do the pin tip once or twice during the project... Tap the sticky pin tip to the top of a pearl to pick it up, and apply the pearl to the dot of glue!


Oh my goodness! How simple is that?? By the way, I love the little picture above - doesn't my pearl look like a little mushroom? LOL! Have a great day and see you soon...

2 comments:

Twila said...

Hi June! Wow I love this card, it would be a great card for the Flower power party at convention! Are you going this year? I'm going and takin a downline. Can't wait!

Unknown said...

Sadly, I can't go to Convention this year... boo! I hope you have a great time - it's SO much fun, and even better when you have someone to share it with! Thanks for the kind comments on this card... :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin