Tuesday

"Fore" Father's Day



I love alittle play on words! Here's a Father's Day card that went a bit heavy with tools and gadgets, but I love the results. The golf balls were made with the dotted SU texturz plate/BigShot and punched out with a 1 inch circle punch. The top golfball is popped up with dimensionals. The Top Note Sahara Sand background was ran through the crimper, and the peaks were touched with an inked up brayer with Sahara Sand ink. I sponged the edges with Pacific Point ink to define it alittle better. The large rectangle background is sponged with Sahara Sand and Pacific Point, then dotted with a Brocade Blue marker. The golfer is from the "And Many Mower" mini catalog stamp set - he's darling, don't you think? He was colored in with Stampin'Up chalks and blender pen. I lightly sponged Baja Breeze ink around him for the sky. The edges were sponged and dotted as well. The sentiment's label is from the Cute & Curly stamp set which is punched out with the Curly Label punch. I stamped the golf ball on it's tee again, cut it out and glued it onto the sentiment label. I would have just stamped it there using a StampaMaJig, but I forgot about this little addition until after I placed my dimensional popdots (oops!). Brads were inserted and everything mounted on my Pacific Point cardbase.

(A small product plug here... In case you didn't know, the Cute & Curly stamp set has 4 stamps that coordinate with the Curly Label punch, and the stamps will be discontinued after this month. If you are considering it, it's part of a bundle that includes the Curly Label punch. The item # is 112966, and is $33.95.)

I hope you enjoy today's card, and that it gives you an idea or two for your Father's Day card. Till next time!


Stamps - And Many Mower, Cute & Curly

Cardstock - White, Sahara Sand, Pacific Point

Ink - black, Sahara Sand, Pacific Point, Brocade Blue marker

Accessories - dimensionals, chalks, blender pen, crimper, brayer, sponge, brads, BigShot & impression accessories, Top Note die, SU texturz plate, Punches: corner rounder, 1 inch circle, Curly Label

3 comments:

Jess Lundahl said...

Great card! I love how you made the golf balls. Great idea!

Twila said...

I love this card! Super cute! I feel a CASE coming on!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the golf ball! So cool. You are an inspiration!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin