Sunday

Pink Ribbons are Symbolic!



Happy Sunday, Everyone! I hope that you had a really nice weekend... it was my "long" week at work, so I was going to bed this morning about the time that you were well into your Sunday morning routines... but now, my "weekend" has officially begun....

Well, I made this card Tuesday morning for SCS's color challenge, and it is pretty straightforward. The card is pretty self explanatory - no complicated techniques, although I did add some stitching from a sewing machine for the bug on the 2nd panel. I like to sew on my cards - I think it adds a nice touch and is especially perfect for bug "trails"!!

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I added a pink ribbon to symbolize the fight against breast cancer. Be sure to do your monthly self-checks and get your mammogram, ladies, if it's time.... don't forget!

Take care, and have an awesome week.... see you soon...

Stamps: Garden Whimsy
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: brads, ribbon, sewing machine/thread, popdots, gluedots

2 comments:

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Your ribbon fits nicely with the card! Have a good "weekend!"

Lisa Page said...

I love this card and the pink ribbon does go nicely with it as well as the sentiment! Really the color combo- you did a great job. TFS!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin