Thursday

Hip Hippo Ray!





I really love that sentiment found on the hippo stamp from SU!'s Pun Fun set. I made this card for my friend's daughter who is expecting her first child in the next few weeks... Having given birth to 4 kids of my own, I remember the anticipation and excitement when "The Day" was getting close at hand (not to mention the relief because you felt like you were going to POP!). Well, I thought I'd better get busy with a baby congratulations card, and I knew I wanted to keep it simple. I love the large scallops that you can create with SU!'s slit punch. I daubered the scallops to add color and set a couple eyelets with my crop-a-dile. I inserted a double pink ribbon and made a simple knot. I used a ticket corner punch for the bottom white panel where I stamped the hippo. I stamped the sentiment on the lower right corner, daubered the edges on the main white panel and colored in the hippo and balloon with chalks and blender pen. I added a couple of brads and mounted on the dark pink layer, then glued it all down on a lighter pink cardbase. I look forward to sharing more with you this weekend (dang work-week interferes with everything! - LOL)... post again soon...
Recipe:
stamps - Pun Fun
paper - Pretty in Pink, Positively Pink, white
ink - Pretty in Pink, black staz-on
accessories - dauber, slit punch, ticket corner punch, ribbons, eyelets, brads, crop-a-dile

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin