Wednesday

Leadership Swap Card



Hello again - last week I was able to attend the Stampin' Up! Leadership & Regional Conferences here in Phoenix, and it was a fantastic experience!! It was just the kick in the pants that I needed to attend to my love of Stampin' Up! and focus on my goals for this year and beyond. I met some fabulous people throughout the 4 day event, as well as gaining new insight about the business aspects of demoship. I am certain that I will be attending this event again, and if you'd like to join me, please consider signing up now during Sale-A-Bration where you'll be able to pick a stamp set valued up to $47.95 for Free, as well as get the Demonstrater Start Up Kit at 15% off! Click the Sale-A-Bration link to see the details of this wonderful event, and send an email to june@mycreativecorner.com to get my special password to sign up online! Can't get any easier than that! :)

The card shown above was made for my Leadership Swaps, and was put together using the following items below:
Stamps: Friends 24-7, Sanded Background
Paper: Vanilla, Soft Suede, Creamy Caramel
Inks: Soft Suede, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, Lots of Tags Sizzlet Set, Bigshot, brayer, sponges, dimensional popdots

Assembly -
The Vanilla cardstock was embossed using the Elegant Bouquet folder/Bigshot, and stamped with the Sanded background two times in Creamy Caramel ink. These large backgrounds are easily inked up using a brayer rolled over the top of the rubber several times so that the ink coverage is even and consistent. I cut two of the oval shaped labels from the Lots of Tags Sizzlet die in Vanilla and Soft Suede cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on the Vanilla label in Soft Suede. Using sponges, I darkened the edges of the Vanilla piece & labels, then attacked the floral pattern to bring out its beauty with Creamy Caramel and Soft Suede inks. This was adhered to a Soft Suede mat, then finally to the Creamy Caramel cardbase. I cut the Soft Suede label in half on the short side, and attached each piece to the left/right sides of the Vanilla label. This was attached to the cardfront with dimensional popdots.

I hope you have a terrific day, and thank you for visiting with me!

2 comments:

Terry Molineux said...

What a beautiful card. The recipients were lucky to receive it. Thanks for telling us how you darkened your card...you sure did put a lot of work into it! TFS

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

This is great, June! Any chance we can play with this at our club meeting???

Blog Widget by LinkWithin