Friday

Waterfall Scene



Hello and Happy Friday to you! Today's card is my first go at a waterfall. It utilizes the abstract background technique that I posted about earlier this week. You can see my quick tutorial HERE. This technique was used to create the sky in Bashful Blue and sides of the mountain hillside in Close to Cocoa (with a bit of sponging around the paper edge in Creamy Caramel. The technique was also the basis of the waterfall which was done in Ballet Blue. I drew in the rocks free-hand with a black marker, then colored in with Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa markers. I used the Bashful Blue and black marker to create the lines within the water to mimic water flowing over the edges. The white puffs of clouds and sprays of water were created with the edge of a sponge dauber and White Craft ink, then heat-embossed with white embossing powder. I used a touch of white gel pen to add contrast to some of the water. I stamped the large pine tree from the Lovely as a Tree set several times on each side in Handsome Hunter and Black ink. A Soft Suede marker was used for the tree trunks and shadings around the water's edge. I finished up by matting the scene and adding copper brads in the corners.

So whatcha think? It's not quite what I was envisioning when I started, but I enjoyed the creative stretch and learned a bit for the next time. I double-dog-dare-ya to try something new today, too! See ya next time... :)

Stamps - Lovely as a Tree
Paper - white, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
Inks - Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Craft White, markers
Accessories - copper brads, white gel pen, sponge daubers, heatgun, white embossing powder

6 comments:

RubberRedneck said...

WOW!! This is awsome!!! Great job! I am going to have to try this out.

Twila said...

June, I think you are really on a roll, you've been puttin' out some really great stuff! Keep it coming!

Renee said...

Wow! That card is amazing! TFS!

Jamie Hurley said...

I honestly thought this was a painting and it was inspiration to you for your card, then I realized after reading underneath it, IT was THE card! This is phenomenol! Wow!

Jess Lundahl said...

Your technique is amazing! This card looks like so much more than "just a card".

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

June, My mouth is still hitting the floor. Amazing work!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin