Thursday

WICKED color, Watercolored Rose


Hello again... here's my WICKED submission for the color challenge posted by Brenda (aka QBee's Quest) on Split Coast Stampers. I mentioned alittle bit about these challenges on my previous post. With this particular challenge, we were to use these three colors: Riding Hood Red, So Saffron and Baja Breeze. These are awesome color choices - thanks, Brenda! :)

I love roses more than any other flower, and I especially love the bi-color ones, so this was my inspiration for this card. The open-lined flower was stamped in black ink and immediately heat embossed with clear embossing powder on glossy cardstock. I watercolored the flower with Riding Hood Red and So Saffron re-inkers and aquapainter. The ink doesn't dry immediately on glossy paper, so watch out for that or you might smudge ink in places you didn't intend! :0 (I helped speed up the process by hitting it lightly with my heatgun). I stamped the flower again on scrap paper and cut it out so that it would serve as a mask for sponging done in Baja Breeze and a touch of So Saffron inks. I used my coluzzle to cut out the oval, and hand cut the matted layer out of Riding Hood Red cardstock. This was mounted with dimensional popdots. The cardbase is So Saffron, and I trimmed off about 3/4 inch from the front flap so that I could adhere my Riding Hood Red eyelet border strip down one side.

Thanks for checking out this card project! Remember, you can click the picture and it will open up a larger version for you (so you can see better details). The gloss from the paper made it hard to capture the depth of color with this rose - but I hope you enjoy it anyway. Stay tuned for another WICKED project to be posted tomorrow - so, until then, have an awesome day!!
Stamps - Fifth Avenue Floral, Great Friend (sentiment)
Paper - Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Glossy White
Inks - Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, Baja Breeze, black
Accessories - aquapainter, sponge, coluzzle/oval template, heatgun, clear embossing powder, eyelet border punch, dimensional popdots

6 comments:

Rose said...

Beautiful coloring! Love this card!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

WOWZER! This card is beautiful!

Rose Castillo said...

You did such a beautiful job. I love it!

Comeka said...

This is AMAZING! TFS!

Terry Molineux said...

What gorgeous card...love the colors. TFS....

Jess Lundahl said...

Wonderful coloring on the rose!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin