Wednesday

Soft Summer - Part 2


I've been working on this weekend's class tutorial the last couple days, but had a need to create a card today. I still had my Bella Toile background stamp and the Soft Summer stamp set sitting on my table, so I thought I'd create another card version using these sets. This was made as a gatefold card, so the opening is in the middle. These are simple to make - simply score vertically at 2 1/8 inches from each side with your standard A2 size cardbase laying in the landscape, or horizontal position... clear as mud? Perhaps the picture below will help describe what I am saying...

As you can see, the flowery front panel is glued to only the left card flap. I used the Eyelet Scallop Edge punch along one side of the Old Olive cardstock on the front panel. Also, I did use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line up these 2-step flowers. The two flowers on the card front were stamped again, cut out and popped up for added dimension. The little faux "brads" are simply the punched out eyelet dots glued in the four corners... subtle addition that adds just a hint of something in all the white areas on that front panel. These gatefold cards are so easy to do, so I hope you give it a try! Thank you for checking in today... have a great one!
Stamps - Soft Summer, Bella Toile
Paper - Lavendar Lace, Lovely Lilac, Old Olive, white
Ink - Basic Gray, Lovely Lilac, SU markers: Lavendar Lace, Old Olive
Accessories - StampAMaJig, dimensional popdots, Eyelet Scallop edge punch

3 comments:

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

beautiful! You make me want to own this set!

Jess Lundahl said...

What a lovely card. The flower on the inside is a very nice touch.

Beth said...

Again, stunning! You have an amazing eye for detail-and I can't believe you glued those punch dots, lol, I'd be going crosseyed. This is so very pretty and definately makes me want to try a gate card. I never think to branch out-occasionally I do a 3x6, but that's it. Your colors are gorgeous and Bella Toile compliments Soft Summer perfectly! TFS

Blog Widget by LinkWithin