Wednesday

A Big Snowflake!


I love this large Snowflake #2 Die by Sizzix! I know I'll be getting alot of mileage out of this die, especially this Christmas. It's on page 31 of Stampin' Up!s Holiday Mini Catalog for just $15.95 (before S/H & tax) and well worth every cent. It makes a big statement for cards, but can you imagine your Christmas tree decorated with these lovely snowflakes, or dangling from a garland or attached to a wreath? You could die cut cling vinyl and put it on your mirrors, windows, or cookie jar! What a great afternoon assembly project for kids, too.... As you can see, I really do adore this particular die!! LOL!
This quick and simple card was created for SC201. I didn't need to use any stamps for the front of this card. I did sponge a bit of Ballet Blue ink on the edges of my Bashful Blue cardbase and the very top Whisper White block. The edges of the Cutie Pie patterned paper blocks were distressed with my sanding block. The large snowflake was made with the Bigshot/snowflake die and sandwiching thin cardboard and patterned paper together to give a bit of weight to the snowflake. I used the Snow Blossom punch and one of the flowers from the Spring Bouquet punch to create the center focal on the large snowflake. The snowflake was popped up with dimensionals.
Have a great day and come back soon ~ thanks for visiting today!
Stamps: none!
Paper: Cutie Pie DP, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Ink: Ballet Blue
Accessories: silver brad, dimensional popdots, sanding block, sponge dauber, Big Shot, snowflake die, snow blossom and spring bouquet punches

5 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I love this card, June! It brings me back to my need for the Big Shot! I'm patiently waiting while I figure out exactly HOW I'm going to get one!

Carrie said...

I really like that snowflake! The size is what really makes it, I think. Also, thanks for the template for the nugget box. One question: Are the "nuggets" the little candy bars you get in an assorted bag, or does is specifically have to say "nuggets" to get the right ones?

RubberRedneck said...

June what a great card! I have it and haven't played with it yet.

SCS SU Blogger #4

Stephanie said...

I have never seen a snowflake card like this! What a great idea of using the decorative paper - in a non-traditional snowflake color! Good work!

Unknown said...

To answer Carrie's question above, I made this to fit the Hershey's nuggets, not the assorted miniatures (although I'll have to get a bag of those now and see how they stack inside! LOL...)
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.... I appreciate them very much...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin